Thanks so much to Shel for taking the time to do this Twitterview before the site was even remotely off the ground. It was a truely nice thing to do and so without further time here is my Twitterview with @shelisrael.
Name: Shel Israel
Twitter Name: @shelisrael
1) Wired has come out and said that non-pro blogging is dead – Do you agree? Is that a reason for micro-blogging’s growth?
- ISTM Wired is wistfully thinking. Blogging is about networks of conversations not broadcasting. Our SM stars have clout, but so do we all.
2) Economy stinks, companies are tightening budgets – How can they track ROI to get hard metrics on social media?
- Measurement tools keep improving. The key issue here is that SM is a more efficient & effective way to talk w/customers in tough times.
3) What brand is using social media most effectively? Are they doing it by speaking to customers or listening or both?
- I can’t give you just one. Some of my favorites are Dell, HR Block, Comcast, IBM (internally). Personal brand stars include Chris Brogan…
4) Are we crossing a dangerous line with “iReporters” delivering news via social media before it is validated?
- I find the body of truth is often more accurate in SM than in most metro newspapers. Our filtering system has flaws but the truth emerges.
5) What tool/software/service should people know about now before it takes off?
- Most businesses would be wise to wait until the tools actually do take off, then pick the proven ones that work best for them.
Again a huge thank you to Shel for his time.